Friday 5 March 2010

chocolate chocolate chip muffins

Photobucket
Photobucket

no, i didnt bake this in my basement kitchen..
i baked these.... like a week ago and somehow forgot to post it.
but tell you, these are hit in my family.. very very chocolate!
im a big fan of muffin top and these had the kind of muffin top i like.
crunchy with melting chocolate chip.
serve warm! the best! with cold milk!
HIT!

Photobucket

nigella lawson's chocolate chip muffins

INGREDIENTS
250g plain flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
Half-teaspoon bicarbonate soda
2 tablespoons best quality cocoa
175g caster sugar
150g chocolate chips (plus more for sprinkling later)
250ml milk
90ml vegetable oil
1 large egg
1 teaspoon real vanilla extract

1.Preheat the oven to 200C and fill a 12-bun muffin tray with paper cases.
2.Weigh out the dry ingredients into a large bowl. Pour all the liquid ingredients into a measuring jug.
3.Mix both together – it will be a runny batter - then spoon into waiting muffin cases.
4.Sprinkle more chocolate chips on top then cook for 20 minutes or until the muffins are risen and springy.

2 comments:

Weesha said...

*drools over pictures* this is just cruelty ;)

Paris Pastry said...

I'm so glad you baked these! I spoted this recipe ages ago and I still haven't made them. I read a couple of reviews, some were positive, some negative. I think I must give these a try!