Monday 4 October 2010

what to do with your pizza dough

chocolate honeycomb cream pocket
chocolate honeycomb cream pocket

I went to Bali Island and all I got is a fabulous homemade chocolate honeycomb, it had been sitting in my fridge for a week. It waited for me to go all creative and use it in my baked goods. So I went with cream pocket and touched it up with chocolate and crushed honeycomb. I always love cream pocket, well, how can you not love a cream filled something?

Cream pocket is much like a calzone only its filled with pastry cream and commonly served as a dessert. Imagine having a thin and crispy pizza crust oozing with sweet creamy pastry cream after few slices of margarita pizza. It’s a heaven! Add chocolate glaze and crushed honeycomb now it’s a, crunchy, crispy, creamy, chocolaty heavenly dessert.

chocolate honeycomb cream pocket

You know what’s the best thing about making a cream pocket? You can actually use the leftover dough for margarita pizza. Just spread tomato sauce, sprinkle some grated mozzarella cheese and few basil leaves. Heaven and heaven!

chocolate honeycomb cream pocket


click here for the recipe and more from me for Dujour Magazine

3 comments:

Ardna said...

I've never heard of cream pocket before but it sounds dangerously delicious!!

Rosie Melville said...

I've never heard of cream pocket either but will definitely give it a go!

Lucy said...

I've also never heard of cream pocket but they definitely sound amazingly delicious. Cannot wait to give them a go :)